What is the World's Best Workforce?
Minnesota schools strive to provide the best educational opportunities for all children. The World’s Best Workforce Plan is a long-term strategic plan designed to support and improve teaching and learning. This plan is in compliance with MN Statutes 2013, section 120B.11, and replaces the Annual Report.
The intent of this plan is to align a wide variety of educational initiatives designed to provide the best educational opportunities for all students PreK through high school so that those students are equipped with necessary skills for the 21st century workforce. The Plan is developed with involvement and input from district stakeholders including administrators, Board members, teachers, parents, students, business leaders, and community members.
Students are more likely to succeed if they reach the five cornerstones, which are the backbone of the World's Best Workforce legislation:
1. Have all students meet school readiness goals.
2. Have all third grade students achieve grade-level literacy.
3. Close the academic achievement gap among all racial and ethnic groups of students and between students living in poverty and their more privileged peers.
4. Have all students graduate from high school.
5. Have all students attain college and career preparedness.